Sunday, April 24, 2011

Profile Pieces: nikki Ronwood

Playing pretend in a metaverse like Second Life can teach me so many things. One of the recurring lessons is the importance of perspective. As Ben Stiller said, "There's a humor and a sadness when you see people who have a distorted image of themselves in the world. I think we all have this idea of how we want to be, and then there's how others actually see us, and the distance in between those two things is where reality exists." (Newsweek, 25 Apr 11)

Here's a sterling example, with some humor, from nikki Ronwood's Profile.

✔ Real ✖ Fake ✖ Drama


I'm a bitch because I don't let you push me around,

I'm a liar because I won't tell you everything,

I'm stupid because sometimes I'm wrong,

I'm a whore because I like boys,

I'm annoying because I'm not chill enough,

I'm a loser because I'm not friends with your group,

I use people because I do what's best for me,

I'm weird because I'm not like you,

I'm controlling because I get mad sometimes,

I'm clingy because I like to be around people,

I'm greedy because I like to be satisfied,

I'm naive because I'm younger than you ,

I'm conceited because I'm proud of who I am,

I'm rude because my manners aren't perfect,

I'm unappreciative because I don't praise you.

Don't try to tell me who I am because I already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment